Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Daddy's Girl


Ever since I am expecting, Daddy tried to relieve me from taking care of Ern whenever possible to enable me to have a smooth pregnancy. Because of that, I can really see the bonding between Ern and Daddy are getting closer and stronger.

I used to be the 'first person Ern will reach out" but now, Daddy is the one:

- Even I tucked Ern to bed almost every night, she would ask me 'where is Daddy?" without fail. So, I have to give all sorts of reasons (shower, work, etc) to distract her. She settled with my answer but only for a little while. After then, she would asked the same question until I 'beh tahan", told her "Mummy is sleepy and tired" and didn't answer her subsequently. Then, baru she fall asleep.

- When she wake up middle of the night from her nightmare, she would call for Daddy! Even if I attend to her, she would still call "Daddy!Daddy!" until I assured and pat on her that I am with her.

- She would ask me to 'go back Daddy's house" when the sky is dark and Daddy is not within her sight. She knows the routine of 'going home' right after dinner at Poh Poh's house.

- She knows Daddy can build lots of creative objects from her blocks. She hardly asked me to build anything for her.

I am blessed and thankful to see this so that Daddy can handle Ern when the baby is born, especially during the first few weeks.

Do I feel jealous? Not at all!! :-)

5 comments:

LHS said...

haha..yeah, why have to jealous, is actually a good thing!!

CheahWei said...

Very good progress. Good job to Daddy!!!

cre8tone said...

Wow!~ Great job daddy...

Jess said...

ermm...I love to see my hubby holding my girls' hand too...so heart warming!

Lucky you..take care too!

Jesslyn
http://kidsislands.blogspot.com/

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Looks like our hubb now get the job to take care the elder one huh! But i tell u, sometimes i do feel a bit left out when Kelvin keep looking for daddy when i am just around him.

I used to be the first one he will look for when he needs anything, but now, daddy replace my role as i am fully taking the baby.

I misses the fun time with Kelvin, very very much!But thank goodness, he is back to his manja, glu to me these few days! haha! GOD hear me!