Friday, January 18, 2008

Brush My Teeth

Bought an infant (meant for 0-2 years old) toothbrush for Ern. Thought it's time to introduce

She was so thrilled to hold the brush and when I told her to put inside her mouth, she followed without hesitant. I showed her the techniques through self demonstration.



I even gave her a cup filled with boiled water for her to 'dip'. Actually, it's meant to gaggle but I haven't gone into the process of gargling and spiting.



See a video clip. She is literally biting the brush more than brushing although she knows the hand movement suppose to be 'up and down'.

It is a struggling for us to take away the brush + cup from her as she would whine and cry eventually. We have to distract her but it took her a while to refocus to some other things. Poor girl, every night crying now. Fighting with mummy over a toothbrush! LOL

5 comments:

mumbojumbo said...

my lil missy also loves to brush her teeth....but not properly la...so I'd always brush it for her first and then she will want to brush her teeth on her own...:P

Mommy said...

that's avery good start already! :)

LHS said...

oh, but at least she loves brushing. :)

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Wah...i see a naked toddler! haha!Well done, little Ern and mummy. Toddler like to "bite" the toothbrush. Be careful when u want to teach Ern gargling. I once showed Kelvin and he gargle his drinking water until recently only stop doing it. haha!

Peter & Joyce said...

She is so obedient!!