Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Quality Time With Ern


I know the time spent with Ern will reduce tremendously with Sean’s arrival, especially when I need to breastfeed him exclusively. The feeding, pumping and washing take up easily 1+ hour.

So whenever possible, I get Poh Poh’s help to feed Sean via bottle during Ern’s afternoon nap time so that I can tuck her while also catching my sleep.

Every evening, I spend 1+ hour with Ern in coloring, tracing and other drawing activities that I printed out from the web. She loved it so much that she reminded me everyday right after her evening bath. She doesn’t know time yet but she knows after evening bath means ‘it’s drawing + crayon” time.

For the past 3 weeks, I have seen great improvement in her coloring and tracing skills. Although still out of line, it has far better than her earlier coloring skill. Obviously the improved motoring skill came from school and home practices.

2 comments:

Yaggya said...

Hi, First of all, congrats to you on managing time well for both babies. Your daughter seems to be very intelligent. Which play school does she go to? How did u teach her to colour inside the lines? Which website do u use for downloading material for her?
Thanks in advance for any advice for my daughter.

CheahWei said...

Wooi Sin,
Ching Ern's coloring skills is almost perfect, especially the flower. Its a great piece of art for her age...
I'm happy that you're managing both your time very well and it is really easy to get distracted or torn between them sometimes, it is sometime hard for u to make that call, to choose between them in times of need, which I am still facing. Best of luck!