Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sibling Love


Ever since Didi was born, I need to admit Ern react way better that we expect. She didn't show much jealousy but love her didi very much. Infect, she is able to tell people didi belongs to her and no one can take away from her!

Prior giving birth to the brother, I have prepared Ern that she is going to be a Che Che (sister) soon.

At the beginning, when I told her she is going to be a "Big Che Che", she confused the "BIG" as "BEAT" (slap forehead!). So whenever we said "big che che", she will repeat after us as "beat che che" and raise up her 'beating' hand sign. Because of that, I changed to "Good Che Che" so that she won't confused again and really beat her didi up! Well, only towards to the end of my 3rd trimester, she started to understand the real meaning of big and ever since, she kept on saying she is a "Big Che Che".

When I did my laundry on baby, I got her involved. When I did my shopping, I got her involved too. Infect, I even told her the pacifier that we got for Didi, it's the present she is going to give to Didi. She was very happy about giving that pacifier to her didi. Whenever possible, I will remind her when didi is out from mummy's tummy, she will help me to take diaper, milk bottle, pacifier to didi from our nightly story telling session.

Now that we are back home, she wanted to involve everything we do, like feeding her didi (holding the bottle), burp her did (we let her pat on the didi by close monitoring on her palm strength), change diaper ( take new one for us), touch her didi from head to toe and even remember to say bye bye to didi every night before she follows daddy back home.

She loves the way when we placed didi's face against her face and having didi to stroke her face. You can see from her facial expression that she enjoyed that moment. When we placed didi on the bed for a change, she would automatically jump up to the bed and place her head against her didi.

As Ern is having mild flu and cough, we were asked by PD not to let her kiss the brother so that he can be free from the virus spread. We were very careful and tactful in handling this situation. While we want Ern to feel 'secured', we also want to avoid spreading the virus to the didi.

Ern, when you are old enough to read this. Daddy and Mummy are very proud of you. We can surely count on you to take care of your didi when you grow up! :-)

1 comment:

khongfamily said...

Wahhh...Ern is such a good che che :).