Saturday, May 30, 2009

She is on EBM too!!


Ever since I have established my breast milk flow like 1+ month after delivering Sean, I have been 'secretly' adding 3-4oz of EBM in her milk since I have excess. Her PD encouraged that because I can passed my antibody to her too. true enough, we have seen better immune system and faster recovery.

It needs to be done secretly because she knows my breast milk is meant for her Di Di. When she saw me expressing breast milk, she would say "Di Di drink(s) mummy milk milk ; Ern Ern drink(s) An*mum!!"

I have tested and offered her if she wants to drink the EBM and she said no. Kept on repeating the above sentence - Di Di drink one! So far the answer been consistent! :-)

If you happen to bump into Ern, don't tell her she is taking mummy's nen nen ya..LOL


Scrap Credits:
Papers: Digitreat
Flower: Shabby Princess
Stitch: Annie V
Clip: June S

3 comments:

CheahWei said...

Haha, OK will keep this a secret for now.
I think if you continue to be persistent and ask her, eventually, she'd take it. Maybe say Di-Di treats her the nen-nen...

I tried that with Yan and gradually she accepted the idea and took about 4oz of EBM without mixing with formula!

Good luck!

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Wow, so cool! i tried to secretly add ebm into Kelvin's milk and he sense it and reject the entire bottle of milk. I add 2 oz of ebm to his 7oz of formula milk, and yet he can feel it, duh! Any way to make Kelvin accept EBM again? My milk flow finally back to normal and since Kaitlyn doesn't like frozen milk, and i don't want to waste the EBM by using it to bath the kids, so i need to find way to make Kelvin comsume my EBM, else wasted my effort to express it. Any idea how how how?

ablogaway said...

That's great! But my gynae told me to be careful when adding the EBM into the formula, sometimes the combination would cause dehydration to the child, because the composition has changed. Ever since then, I've trained her to take pure EBM by itself - no mixing.