Monday, September 7, 2009

Big Sis...Little Brother


Ern loves her didi. I think to certain extend, she protects Sean. Just over the weekend while Daddy and I had a coffee at Star*buck (with 2 kids around), a little girl maybe her age stopped at Sean's stroller to peak on him. The Big Sis stopped the girl by saying : "You cannot see my Didi!" LOL

Nevertheless, Ern had some 'mild' sibling rivalry with Sean. I used the word 'mild' because no fighting so far (hope not in the near future), no argument (I am sure this will come by when Sean is able to talk) but just attention seeking from from us.

She would just call after me to attend to her when I am busy attending to her Didi. If I can attend to her, I will do so by having a good 'mum + daughter' time. If not, it will be a 2:1, with the left leg carrying Sean, the right hand for Ern to do:

- Coloring
- Drawing
- Playing flash card
- Holding story book and read to her
- Doing some exercise books with her

If I really can't (especially during Sean's nap time), Daddy has to come in to distract her away, play with her or let her watch her favourite Astro 613 channel.

Honestly, I feel bad. Very bad because I know I have not been spending really good time with her ever since delivered Sean. I have been telling myself that's something normal once you have more than 1 kid but seeing her playing alone, the heart ache!

Must CREATE TIME to spend good moments with her. Aunty Lim will be back this week and I have booked her much earlier to take good photos for Ern. Let's see if I can take her to Butterfly Farm because I know she loves this place!


Scrap credit:
Papers, Frame & flower: whimsy
Wordart: Elegant

1 comment:

CheahWei said...

WS - Don't feel bad as this is pretty common thing. As long as we put our best effort, that is good enough.