Friday, March 2, 2007

Milk Milk



The video clip shows Ern is playing the bottle nipple. She was sitting on my lap while I took the clip. :-)

Well,well,lil Ern knows it's milk time when she sees her milk bottle. She will crawl to the direction where we place the milk bottle and grab it. If it's way beyond her reach, she will start to mumble "hm..ar", sort of telling us "hey, give me my milk!" :-)

Ern is able to hold and pull out the milk bottle when finish. Right after that, she will sit up immediately and wait for us to give her the water bottle. Since birth, we have introduced water to Ern although not necessary being a breastfed exclusive baby. So, she knows right after milk, she needs to drink water! She will wait for 5-10 seconds for the water bottle. If we take longer than that, she will start her "hm..ar" mumble again. Ha, our little Princess. Very demanding one!

I am thankful my mum introduced water to Ern right at the early stage. Originally, I wanted to kill the idea but I took it as something good. Well,it is GOOD, at least drinking water is not a nightmare for Ern now. In fact, she ask water from us in between her feeding hour. I have heard some mummies facing difficulties in feeding water to their little ones when water was introduced at a later stage. In the end, they have to give juices or something that comes with a taste as the supplement of fluid.

4 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

yeah have to give water early...althought bf.

mom2ashley said...

yes...ashley also expects to ge given water after her milk...in the beginning, she didnt like water..then my MIL forced her to drink it and eventually she loves it! hehehe..i didn't like the fact that my MIL kept shoving the water bottle into her mouth - but it worked out to be for the better anyways:)

P/S
Thanks for dropping by my blog....

khongfamily said...

Yeah..you are right. Now Brae doesn't drink a lot of water, depending on his mood because of no water when breastfeed earlier.

Now I will give water to Shayanne even though breastfeed.

From babykhong.

KK and WS said...

Sasha, Mom2ashley & Yvonne - I guess after having our first child, we know what's need to be done on 2nd one... *grin*