Monday, November 17, 2008

School Update - Day 2 till Day 5

School update continue from here:

Day 2:

I walked her into the classroom door and one of the teachers took over from me. No goodbye from either one of us as I wasn't sure if she really cope well.

No phone calls.

When I was peeping through the school from our house balcony, I can see flash light inside the classroom. It was a photo session for the elder kids on their graduation. I saw them wearing the rope and waiting outside for their turn.

I picked up a happy girl at 12noon.

***************************************************

Day 3:

I walked her to the front gate and passed her to the teacher. We waved good bye to each other and I didn't see 'unwilling' facial expression from Ern.

No phone calls.

When I picked her up from school, I spoke to her class teacher. The comment that I received from teacher : She is hyper active!

Don't know to laugh or what.*grin*

**************************************************

Day 4:

Same thing, just walked her to the gate and teacher was showing her how to take off her shoes and place at the shoe rack. I reckoned she hasn't got her 'designated' place to place her shoes. However, Ern knew the only empty place left for her is on the most upper rack, which she needs to tip-toe a bit to reach that.

Introduced Poh Poh to the teachers as Poh Poh will be picking her up Day 5 onwards.

Oh ya, she came back home with an empty bottle tumbler. Means she finished almost 10oz of water within 4 hours at school! I know Ern can't finish that by herself without any 'reminders' from the teachers. I was quite pleased to see that.

*************************************************

Day 5:

I went back to office in the morning right after I dropped Ern to school.

Everything normal. No tears and no phone call.

I gave a call to the school late in the afternoon, trying to speak to her class teacher to see if Ern is ready to start her toilet training next week. Only found out from the principal that her class teacher works 1/2 day with the school only.

Yup, Ern is not fully toilet trained. She is able to tell us when she wants to poo but not wee.

The principal agreed we can start the toilet training with Ern Monday onwards. From the conversation, I found out 2 things:

1) Ern sneaked into the office and climbed on the Principal's chair and sit. So, the door at the office is now closed at all times.

2) The school has the same house structure like our house. So, there is a 2 small platforms that link the living room to the dining room. Ern likes to climb up and down at home, and she did the same thing at school! So now, we (both school and I) will try to correct and stop her from doing that.

**************************************************

That's the brief update on Ern's school progress from Day 2 to Day 5.

Just hope this will continue on...

3 comments:

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

you are such a cool girl Ern! i am sure mummy proud of you !! Big girl already huh!

I prefer active kids rather than non active kids. But sometimes too active also will make us pull our hair! haha!

Anggie's Journal said...

wow... i m proud of your girl ... yayaya... finger cross... hope this can continue ....

"hug to Ern" so good girl !!!

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Wow! She's coping very well in school. Such a clever girl.