Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Her 1st School Concert...

( Back-dated & LONG Post )

Yay, I am way way behind blogging about my kids...luckily I already developed the habit of bringing my compact camera everywhere I go! It is really handy to snap photos for blogging as well as my other personal hobby, scrapbooking!

The school concert on was held on 6th Dec at Komtar Auditorium A. It has been ages since I last went and the first time I took Ern for her rehearsal, we were lost!! haha

Ok, back track a bit on the preparation. Few months before, we have been notified about the concert and paid the money for Ern's costume and entrance ticket.

I knew what songs she was going to sing as she has been singing the same songs for the past few months. As we get near to the actual dates, this little came home 'complaining" she get 'scolded' because she kept on forgetting her steps!! LOL

2 weeks before the actual concert, we (the parents) were asked to bring our kids for rehearsal at the actual venue of the concert (ie Auditorium A) and we were not allowed to enter and see. After I dropped her off, I went shopping with my friend while waiting to pick her up. Had a good retail therapy before picked her up.


On the actual day, we were suppose to apply HEAVY make up and based on what I have, this is the best that I can 'produced'! I am a big fan of Bobbi Brown person, so you can expect what kind of colors in my cosmetic collection. Of course, my little princess was so excited about her make over!

As I was suppose to drop her off earlier, I went alone with her while Daddy drove another car with Sean. Yup, we brought him along and jump over to his blog to read.

I have prepared to see Ern 'chicken out' (stage fight) prior or ha way through the performance. Well, this little girl completed all her performance although she missed out few steps in one of the songs because she was busy kay-poh watching the stage decoration! LOL

After looking through the itinerary, only I realized she had 3 performances. Yup, all along we thought she had 2, based on what she told and showed us!

Daddy was late as Sean was cranky that afternoon. Took him longer to settle than usual. Also, Daddy was lost in finding his way to the Auditorium despite telling him the location! He missed 2/3 of his girl's performance and you can gauge how bad he felt!!

This is her costume for her 1st performance: Remix of "Bla Bla Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star & ABC"



2nd Performance: Ni Wa Wa (泥娃娃)
This is also her first time wearing a tutu! I love it!



3rd Song: "XX lompat' song, I think. Forgot the actual title.
See her happy. No sign of stage fight!



She surprised us with an award, being the 2nd most "Outstanding Student". This is a photo with her friends and Teacher Tan, one of the her class teachers.



This was the part Daddy missed again as Didi was sleepy and Daddy left earlier. All the students were out singing Auld Lang Syne (友谊万岁) in 3 languages - English, Mandarin and Bahasa.


All kids were recognized by receiving a present from her principal!


Certainly a happy day for Ern, so as her Mummy to see her daughter didn't 'chicken out'!! haha

1 comment:

CheahWei said...

Bravo on Ching Ern! You've certainly grown up and able to handle the "stage fright" pretty well.