Friday, January 1, 2010

Her First Movie


{ Back-dated post. Photo taken during the lunch session)

I brought Ern along to join my department's Christmas gift exchange cum lunch gathering. In order to make her 'feel' part of the team, I got her a present too! A big Hershey's candy cane that has different types of Kisses chocolate in there.

Ern is not a stranger to the team because I had brought her to join the department gathering since she was a baby. Naturally, she became the center of attention, being the youngest in the team. Well, I am glad she 'blend in' pretty well with my colleagues.

Right after lunch, we adjured to cinema to watch "The Princess and the Frog". It was also part of the reason that I brought her along, ie to introduce CINEMA to her! Yup, this is her first movie and I was prepared to walk away anytime if this little girl of mine can't cope with this.

On our way to the gathering, I had prep her like:

" We are going to see cartoon in BIG TV"
" The lights will be off"
" The BIG TV has loud sound!"

The moment we walked into the cinema, she was very excited. Before the show really started, I prep her again and assured her things would be just fine.

Lights off. She didn't turn back to look for me but glue to the screen, waiting for the movie to begin. At that moment, I knew things will be smooth sailing for her!

She enjoyed and stayed through the entire movie although she slept for 30mins (it was her nap time)!

More movies for her, that's for sure! :-)

2 comments:

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Wah.. that's a nice show to start her with movies.

Unknown said...

i cant wait the day... to bring Jethro to cinema !