Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I Don't Want D-E-N-T-I-S-T"

It started many months ago I prepared Ern to see dentist but never succeed despite coaxing her in many different 'stories'. Somehow the word 'dentist' just never get through her mind!

When I took Ern to visit PD over her pro-long cough, I 'pakat' with the PD to coax her to go. At that point in time, she agreed to go. Immediately I called up the dentist to see if she (oh ya, the dentist is recommended by my PD also as she is familiar in handling kids) is available to give her a check. Too bad, the dentist is all booked!!! No choice but to book her 3 days after!

On the day itself, I told Ern again that we are heading to see dentist and I was using the same 'story' that the PD used. Ern didn't say no nor she said yes. She just kept on asking questions: who is the dentist, why is she a friend of PD (that was PD's story to her), bla bla bla

When we were just right in front of the door, she couldn't hold her fear but started to cry! :-( She FREAKED OUT in the end!! She cried in fear, yup, fear is the word to describe her!

I drove away after failing to convince her after several attempts. Ern knew she 'disappoint' me and wanted to make up. At the same time, she has another fear in her that she herself has yet to overcome!! During the conversion, I made a big turn to go back to the dentist again, hoping my final round of coaxing would work!

NO....


She still cried and asked me to leave the place immediately!! In the end, no choice but to leave with MANY MANY promise no more coming back to dentist as the assurance to calm her down! Sigh, maybe she is not ready yet!!

See the clip, I managed to take her in tears as there was a jam outside the dentist place..LOL
There is a part she said (in Mandarin) : Mummy, you sayang me lah!

2 comments:

Anggie's Journal said...

Just drop by to wish you & ur family
A prosperous and wonderful Chinese New Year!May good luck be with you all in the year of TIGER .Gong Xi Gong Xi !!!!!!

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Poor thing.. maybe you can try again, but not too soon.