Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cheng Cheng???


This is how Ern pay respect to Buddha. Whenever we say the word "cheng cheng", she will look up for the Buddha and move her hand.

Don't ask me why "cheng cheng" because Poh Poh taught her that. I did asked Poh Poh why but was told it's a 'kiddy' word. So, it's just like we say 'mum mum' for eating.

Obviously, she didn't get the act right, ie to put both palm together (双手合十). To me, it's more like paying respect to the Emperor during the Man Dynasty, the "Wong Seong Kat Chiong" thingy. LOL!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

i also dunno why call cheng cheng... though i'm a christian, my inlaws and hubby is taoist... and my inlaws also teach rachel how to cheng cheng...
why ar? i tot it was just them... now i know everyone else also call it cheng cheng... hahaha

LHS said...

ya..in my staying place, they also called "cheng cheng".

Allyfeel said...

Yala...my mil also taught Ivan the word cheng cheng. ;) Ching Ern is doing very well, with more practice, she will do very well.