Thursday, May 31, 2007

Separation Anxiety???

Ern is giving us mixed message and we are clueless if she has separation anxiety.

Scenario # 1:
Poh Poh was carrying Ern while we were in a shop. We didn't take the stroller along as we know it won't take long.

It was a hot afternoon and I parked the car quite far. So, I told Poh Poh to wait for me inside the shop (since it's air-conditioned) instead of walking back to the car. Also, I don't need to carry the item all the way back but just get the shop owner to help me to carry the box to the car.

The moment I turned and walked towards the door direction, Ern started to whine.

Scenario # 2:
Every evening, Poh Poh will help carry Ern and place her on the car seat. I can't carry her myself as my hand is full of bags (handbag, laptop bag and Ern's bag). Once we fastened her car seat's belt and asked her to wave buy buy, she will wave. At times, she waves happily by giving Poh Poh a sweet grin. Sometimes, she will whine and keep reaching her hand out to Poh Poh to carry her.

See, when we are in public, she looks for me. When we are home, she looks for Poh Poh.

Scenario # 3:
She will never whine or look for anyone of us when Ma Ma (MIL) is carrying her. She knows Ma Ma really play with her and pleased (pampered?) her needs.

Scenario # 4:
When Daddy is carrying her, especially night time, she will whine and whine. Sometimes, she even cry with big tears. She is looking for me or MIL. Sometimes, she will play with Daddy but still check on our 'existence'. At times, she will crawl away from Daddy and want us (MIL or me) to carry her.

Do you think she has separation anxiety?

2 comments:

khongfamily said...

I suppose it's just a phase larr...

babykhong

shooi said...

Scenario #1: No lah...it is becoz she wants to go kaikai with you. Sit in the car where got fun :p