Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Coincidence??

On Monday night, Ern went to her at her usual time - 10+pm. Daddy and I were working/blogging from our room while also whispering to each other in updating our day time activities (normally we only talk funny topics or KPC gossip).

Just right before 12 midnight, out of sudden Ching Ern cried out loud from her sleep. I can tell the cry is "unusual" and immediately, she opened her eye and look for us. Normally, she will cry with her eyes close when she had nightmare. We just need to pat her back/butt and give her pacifier to soothe her. Within minutes, she will normally go back to sleep.

However, on that night, we knew Ern cried in fear and when we saw her opened her eyes, I knew 'something' is not right. I quickly carried her in my arm but it didn't sooth her down ever we gave her the pacifier.

Immediately, I chant (which I have been doing since pregnancy) in the language where our Burmish Buddhist Monk had taught us. The moment I started the chanting, Ching Ern quiet down and before I finished the whole thing, she went back to sleep peacefully in my arm.

Btw, Monday night is the last day of 7th Month of Lunar calender.

So tell me if this is 'coincidence' or "something" else??

PS: At least to me and my mum, we think it's the later one. We believe kids are sensitive to 'these'...

3 comments:

Mommy said...

I believe this myself too but I keep it just to myself. Of course I pray too and not forgetting giving Charlotte her Poh Ying Tan every night :p

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Oh, that sounds scary! During "that" month, when Kelvin suddenly cry for no reason, i can feel that my bulu roma all almost stand up!

CheahWei said...

Frankly, being a mother makes me more believing in stuff like these. Its better to be safe and be aware than brush if off like that. So yeah, it could be "that" thing disturbing your little girl dreamland...