Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tag: 8 Random Facts About My Mum

This is a long overdue tag received from Just My Tots: 8 Random Facts About My Mum

I guess for my mum's age, majority of the mothers are SAHM. Hence, you can find many similarities among the SAHM at her age. :-)

1. Look at the body size of my family members, can tell how good my mum's cooking is. We love her Yam Cake, Lor Bak, Salty Vege Soup, Bang Kuang Char, if I were to name of few of her (or my favourite dish) 'famous' dishes.

2. Most of my pyjamas were handmade from her when I was a little girl. She can sew simple design clothing, not only for us, but also for herself.

3. Being a mother, my brother and I are her 'top priority' since small, and even till now.

4. Although her education level was until primary school (need to stop schooling due financial problem), she can speak and write Mandarin well. In fact, we speak Mandarin at home.

5. Being a hard core Hakka Girl, my mum is a hard working person.

6. She woke up 3.30am 3 times a week to prepare breakfast (fried egg + ham sandwiches) and get me ready for 5am training lesson at the pool. Back then, we stayed at Bukit Mertajam (BM) but travel all the way to Tanjung Bunga (Chinese Swimming Club) . My dad (together with my mum) drove me all the way for 2 hrs training and back to school in BM again. Oh ya, I swim competitively back then.

7. I learnt most of my parenting tips from her, especially when it comes to patience.

8. She is my role model when it comes to multi-tasking.

Not going to tag anyone I think most of you had done this tag.

No comments: