Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lantern

We didn't get Ern any lantern last year as she was merely just a 2+ months old infant. No celebration or what, just ate mooncake at home.

However, it would be different this year as Ern is now a walking toddler. She is not ready for the traditional lantern where I used to carry when I was a little girl. So, I bought her a battery operated + modern lantern - Pooh Bear !



Come to think of it, although we had cartoon characters (like Transformer, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc) back in my childhood days, I don't think I had ever seen a cartoon lantern. All the lanterns were in animal shape, like dragon (most popular), rabbit, rooster, etc. More importantly, it's candle lit, which means it's dangerous but exciting to play with.

Luckily I still see some old Chinese restaurant and bakery house selling the traditional lantern. I hope Ern is ready to carry one in her next moon cake festival celebration.

Oh ya, I have a clip to share, in which I find it funny. Lantern is suppose to be a Chinese culture thingy but look at this - a Pooh Bear lantern with Lambada music.....apa ini??!!!!

3 comments:

CheahWei said...

Such a nice lantern! Where did u get it?
I bot several lanterns last year when Yan was about 8-9 mths old, from battery operated to candle lit. We light the candle type laterns for display at home...to decorate around the car porch area. This year, its going to be fun for Yan to play with our neighbor 4 year-old daugther.

LHS said...

Nice lantern, i have not bought any for Jo yet. But will buy it asap since the day just around the corner.

btw, a tag for you!

KK and WS said...

CW - I bought it at Tesco.