Friday, May 23, 2008

Transitioning - Update

Transitioning Updates from the previous post

1) Pacifier - SUCCESSFUL

We successfully weaned off Ern on pacifier without much fuss. She asked for 'chit chit' (pacifier) on first 2 nights. After then, she totally forgot about it.

Ever since, I have no problem putting her to sleep without her chit chit. Whether we have the chit-chit with her or not, she needs to toss around before going to dreamland.

However for her afternoon nap, Poh Poh "complained" it took her 1 hour to put Ern to nap. I was so thankful Poh Poh support the weaning idea even it took up more of her time.


2) Sleep Alone - HALF SUCCESS

Every night before I switched off the light, I always ask her the same question:

Me: Ern, Mummy sleep where?
Ern: Mi, up up
Me: Ern Ern sleep where?
Ern: Ern, down down


Some nights, she is ok to sleep on her own after continual assurance from me I am sleeping very near to her. Ha, i just sleep next to her, just that it's on different bed.

Some nights, she can't sleep but keep on kacau me by jumping around her own bed and my bed. I tell you, she can play until way past her bed time and she is still that energize. In the end, I have no choice but to sleep together with her on the same bed. You know what, 3 minutes after she 'konk' out!

Personally, i am not in the hurry to train her to sleep alone. I am sure when she is ready, she would want to get out from our room already! :-)

1 comment:

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Good job, Ern and mummy.

For the sleeping portion, slowly, Ern will enjoy sleeping on her own bed ALL BY HERSELF!
Kelvin used to sleep on the same bed as hubb, and me sleep on another bed ALL BY MYSELF:), until few months ago, he decided to move to the single bed and sleep ALL BY HIMSELF. But...our bed is side by side:) Sometimes, he will roll to my bed, sleep beside me, then roll back to his bed and sleep. Maybe he misses my smell, haha!