Saturday, May 10, 2008

Transitioning....

It has been 3 nights where Ern slept without her pacifier & all alone on her own bed (still same room with us).

1) Pacifier
It was a good timing to wean her off from her pacifier since she is having cough right now. Why I said so?? Well, there were twice where she choked herself from her own saliva (LOL) and subsequently she vomited!!! Partly also due to her cough. She is afraid of the feeling of vomiting and doesn't like the after effect (dirty & smelly) of it.

First night, she asked me for her pacifier:" Mi, chit chit".
I told her no by 'reminding' her the cough and vomiting experience she had earlier. She thought for a while, asked again, i repeat the same thing and finally, she settled with my 'explanation' and sleep.

Second night, same story. Third night, no more asking and I hide the pacifier. Let's see if she remembers her 'chit chit' tonight!

2) Sleep Alone
Since birth, we have been patting her butt to sleep. Since she will be turning 2 this July, I thought it's a good idea to train her to sleep alone. No special trick or what, I just told her " Ern sleep down down, Mummy sleep up up'. Just once, she agreed by nodding her head. No fuss from her. *so thankful*

Hopefully within the next few months, we can slowly transition her to sleep in her own room. Let's see how it goes but I am taking this slowly.

Finally, Happy Mother's Day to all mummies...

1 comment:

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

wow wow! Good job to mummy and Ern!
I also want to train Kelvin to sleep by himself in his own room, do share with me your secret of success ya!