Monday, October 27, 2008

Hokkien Char Bor

[ Back-dated Post]

Ever since As*tro introduced Channel Hua Hee Tai (the Hokkien channel) 1+ years ago and giving their customers free trial, my parents been 'addicted' to a Taiwanese Hokkien drama called "Love" (direct translate from Mandarin as I do not know their real English name). When it is no longer free, my dad subscribed because of this movie!

During weekday from 3.30 - 4.30pm, my dad will surely turn on the TV and follow. So my little one been hearing the theme song for 1+ years and she is going to listen to the same theme song for another 1+ years. Now you can tell how long the drama will be!

One fine day, my girl sang this out of sudden when the theme song was playing.



She sang the chorus of the song - Wah Meng Tee. In Hokkien, it means "I Asked God" while in Mandarin, it means 我问天.

My parents were stunt at the beginning as they were puzzled what Ern was trying to say. She sang again and point to the TV! Only then, they burst into laughter!

For now, this is her favourite song! *roll eye*

If any of us sing sing this song, she would asked us to "Stop Singing", as if it's her sole right to sing!! LOL

1 comment:

SY said...

WY also likes to sing this song...