Thursday, October 23, 2008

Only Now...

I have heard story on some mothers, when they first returned to work after the 2 months maternity leave, they cried because they 'ng seh tak' (unwillingly) to leave their baby to their care-taker.

I didn't have this 2 years back until it hit on me last Monday morning.

When I told her I am leaving for work, she said ok. As I was driving out the car, Ern was standing at the door, waiving good bye and giving flying kisses to me. She didn't cry or show any sad face. She just stood behind the door while holding her Kit*ty Cat (her favourite soft toy).

At that moment, I felt a little "ng seh tak' but I didn't shed any tears!! Strange feeling. Not sure if it's because I am expecting that cause me more emotional (due to hormone change)or it is really the real "ng seh tak".

I have left Ern behind many times with her daddy and travel on both business and personal vacation. I had never felt 'ng seh tak' before because I know they are short trip and I also take travel as a short break for myself to have "Me Only" time.

Do you have this right now with your toddler?


Scrap credit:
Paper & frame: Karen Lewis
Butterfly stitch: Shabby Princess
Wordart: Sueli Colbert

1 comment:

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

I feel it all the time. Worst still when we're out for lunch and see a little baby or a child around their age. That's when we miss then even more.. It's amazing how you cope so well when you're off travelling.