Saturday, July 3, 2010

Picnic



For quite a while, Ern had been requesting me to take her for a "Picnic with many food"! I don't know where she get the idea from but she has been consistently asking for picnic.

I procrastinated it for several weeks until the guilt's kicks in!!! :-) So, I planned the picnic day on Sunday (06/27/2010), having a venue in mind. I decided to bring the kids to the nearby park for 2 reasons - safety & convenience. The kids get to picnic and play at the playground, it's killing 2 birds in 1 stone. Why not??!!! :-)

On the day before, I told Ern about the plan but with a condition - no rain! She nodded her head okay, accepting the fact if it rains, we will call off the picnic plan.

So the next day, she woke up early as what I expected. Kids are kids huh!!! Happily finished her morning milk in the fastest time, changed and off we went.


That's the so called 'food' that I prepared for the picnic. To be exact, I didn't prepare anything but just buy from the market! *LOL* Other than all the nyonya kuih, I bought chee cheong fun for Ern as it's easy to eat. I just need to add soya sauce and it's ready to serve and eat! Easy work! Then I carried the pink rattan basket and tell my girl that's our 'picnic bag'!

Ern ate almost 90% of the chee cheong fan and I think she ate 1-2 pieces of the kuih! I let the kids (oh ya, Sean was with us also) run on the big green field, without need to worry whenever they fall!

After a good 5-10mins of running & chasing, Ern went to explore the playground. She love the 'tunnel' as it comes various sizes. She walked passed through every single one, from the 'S" size to the "XL" size...



The next stop was this swing. She has not gotten the guts to swing up high. So, I need to help a bit to push!



I spent a good 1+ hour at the park! The kids had fun, so the mummy is happy :-)

No comments: