Monday, July 12, 2010

Princess Party - Part 1

** Long Post - I want to take down what I did for Ern in her 4th birthday party!**

I have started planning Ern's 4th birthday party few months back. Well, I love planning on my personal thing!! *grin* I enjoy the entire planning process, from the thought process, research, to the actual day!

I didn't have to think at all on the birthday theme as my girl is in the "Princess" phase. I know throwing a Princess Theme party will never get me wrong! LOL

As the theme speak, I only get to invite girls over. Based on the age, I only invite those girls that are close to Ern's age, ie 3+ till 5 years old. As I don't intend to make it a big party like how I did it for her during her 1 year old party, the guess list came out to be 3 only!

After then, I started goo*gle on the theme decoration ideas, princess games, goodie bag, etc and the shopping spree begin. Fun & excited, i tell you during the shopping on the items! Aiyoh, princess related items are too cute not to buy.

I didn't tell Ern about the party until the day before! You know, I just don't want to disappoint her if for whatever reason, I need to cancel the party. She was so EXCITED and look forward for the party.

Oh ya, the party was held at home on 11th July 2010, Sunday afternoon. Party started at 10am!

On the day, I woke up at 5am and started to cook at 6am till 7+am. After then, decorated the house with balloons, put up the birthday banner and bunting. Nothing fancy actually but I managed to buy princess theme's banner & bunting. Oh, to be exact, I get EVERYTHING with a princess print on top! hehe

Outside of the house:


Living room:


When Ern woke up and get down to the living room, she was thrilled to see the decoration that I put up. My sweet girl even thanked me!! *sweet girl*

The little guess (together with their mummies) started to arrive at 9+am. The Games/Activities started the moment they stepped in the house!

Game/Activity # 1: Autograph & Tea


I used the jewelry box that daddy got for Ern and the small stool that I purchased from market and turned them into the 'autograph area". The girls were suppose to write their own name in each card like below with a princess pencil.



The girls: Yan, Wei Xuan & Charlotte...no Ern as she wrote her name much earlier and I forgot to snap picture! *slap forehead*


Then, I placed them on the wall to turn it into their respective "dressing area"!!

Oh ya, the guest were greeted with a 'tea biscuit' too, in a princess wrapper! LOL



Game/Activity # 2: The Dress Up & Royal "Parade"



The girls were given a 'briefing' prior to the game. See, they were so focused listening to my instructions!! After I count "1,2,3", they ran to their 'dressing area" to check out the pink bag.



I got the girls a pink color bag, with a dress, tiara, ring & nail sticker in it! All the mummies (including myself) were having fun changing the girls into their Princess outfit. I tell you, it was as if we were in the backstage of a model contest!

After that, I put on light nail polish on their little toe! Then, the mummies put on the nail sticker to complete the dress up!

I have gotten the girls stand at their respective "dressing area" and asked them to close their eyes for a 'mystery gift' - a magic wand!! They really listened to the instruction and close their eyes tight!



When I told them they can open their eye to see (in 1,2,3 again), all 4 gave us the same reaction - WOW!!! See their mouth in the picture below. Love it!



Next it's the "Royal Parade" time...the girls were asked to walk and pose with their outfit & wand! The best "poser" walk away with a prize! Oh ya, I have prepared a BIG bag of goodies bag on the prize! See the girls in action.




Charlotte won the first prize as she posed very well! Actually, all the girls were 'rewarded' as I just don't want to make the other 3 disappointed! It's just that Charlotte can to take her prize first!

Finally, a group pictures of the girls.


Stay tuned for more updates on the party...:-)

1 comment:

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

All the girls are so cute. I like the last pic, they line up in DoReMiFa manner....ladder manner.