Thursday, March 27, 2008

Popeye Song

Poh Poh bought this pyjamas from the morning market many months back. Good quality and cost RM5 per suit. It was too big for Ern and actually, still a little big for her right now. I have been keeping in the closet and only wear it on Ern lately.

One night while changing her into this pyjamas, automatically I sang the *broken* Popeye song to Ern. It's because of Olive, Popeye's Wife. I don't know how to sing the complete song at that moment!! I was raised in a Mandarin speaking family, generally English is not good. Back then, no one corrected me and there was no such thing of Goo*gle to search for the lyrics. There goes my version of Popeye's song - "Oh Popeye the sailor man" throughout the whole song!!! LOL

Oh ya, the classic part is the 'put put' when Popeye blew his puff.

Obviously, Ern liked the 'put put' part and she mimic me after I sang to her twice. She amazed me! Have fun and join me to laugh together to view how Ern did the 'put' part, as well as her mummy's broken Popeye Song. LOL

2 comments:

sunshine said...

haha...i dunno the lyric as well, i will just lah--away with it. you are smart!

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

WS, try this site and see whether is this the original lyric or not
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/popeyelyrics.html

I also know the first sentence, "I'm Popeye the Sailor Man", HAHAHA!