Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beach + Swimming

Ern started her Monday morning “not so smoothly” by ‘ter-kepit’ her feet on our bathroom’s sliding door. Poh Poh was inside and Ern was pushing the door outside, obviously she didn't want to be left alone ! She pushed too hard on the door till the sliding door bounced back and ‘ter-kepit’ her feet.

She cried loudly outside while Poh Poh was panic inside! Poh Poh reckoned Ern must be stuck and quickly, she lifted the sliding door and opened it slowly. Ern pulled her feet out but Poh Poh’s heart sank when she saw (from far without her spec) Ern’s feet like below.



After look at the wound more careful, thank goodness no bleeding or deep cut. It was ‘nearly there” type actually. Just the top layer skin was peeled off but you can see the reddish fresh. *phew*

We were supposed to meet with Bryan & Wei Xuan for beach + swimming session but we called it off due to heavy down pour at 1pm++. At 4pm+, weather turned good, not too sunny yet cooling. So, I decided to proceed with the plan but without her friends. Instead of cover beach + swimming, I thought it’s should be ok to just let her play at the beach. Digging sands with her beach tool set.

We covered the wound with plaster, just to make sure the sand doesn’t get in.



We put on her swim suit and off we leave the house. During the road journey, I told Ern we are taking her to the beach. When I asked her to repeat the word ‘beach’ after me, she pronounced it as “bit*ch”. *roll eyes*



You may be wondering why she looked so BLUR in the picture. Shame on mummy, it was the FIRST time I took her to the beach, stand bare-footed on sand!! She was puzzled, I tell you. But in no time, she happily enjoyed digging sands from her beach tool. She doesn’t know how to make use of the animal molds but just used the shovel & spade.



She freaked out when I walked her to the shore, to let her feel the wave splashed on her feet. She shouted in fear and wanted to get out from the shore! Maybe she is not ready for ‘why BIG water splash on feet”.



After the good 15mins, it started to drizzle and I have to drag Ern out from beach. She whined, of coz!! But when she saw the pool on the way to the bathroom, she walked straight towards the pool! I was hesitated to bring her to the pool with her wound on her feet but I knew if I turned her down, she would be disappointed and cry. In the end, I still took her down to the pool, with the thought of “swim dula, belakang kira”! When I hold her hand and walked to the pool, I can felt she was literally running in joy. Before I asked her to jump into the pool, she terus jumped without her float on. Luckily, I managed to grasp her in time. Else, she would surely gulp down the pool water before she sank! She was so happily shouting in the pool, I guess she is expressing her joy to me!

It was ok when I told her to go home. No struggle at all. Guess she already puas (satisfied) and maybe exhausted after all the kicking and jumping.

Oh ya, she "ter-kepit" again on the same sliding door again just before we changed her into her pajamas. This time is her finger but minor cut only.



Guess she knows the Chinese proverbs well – A Person must be “Yao Tao Yao Mei” (Cantonese) !!! That's how she started and ended her day in the same way! LOL

6 comments:

sunshine said...

Poor girl.Guess she will never forget her most unlucky day and be extremely careful next time when she gets near to the sliding door.

Mommy said...

Lots of hugs and kisses to the poor little foot and finger. But I guess she must be having so much fun with all the new play :)

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

oh..poor little sweetie. Hug hug and kiss kiss, hope the wounds are getting better now. Hopefully she will learn a lesson, do not play with the sliding door :)

LHS said...

OMG..poor Ern Ern..come,hug hug and kiss kiss...

my eli got hurt his middle finger nail last week due to the sliding door too..

Par said...

Ouch...i hope it heals soon.

I actually like going to the beach on gloomy days.

Clarice said...

Ern's foot is so cute but poor Ern... Hopefully she gets well soon and without scar... :=)