Monday, June 30, 2008

Hair Cutting


This is Ern's new look, after I took her for a hair cut over the weekend. What were the comment from the family members on her new look??

Daddy: Neat but....a bit 'tempurung'...
Mummy: Neat and make Ern look more chubby
Poh Poh: Typical "Wah Wa look" (娃娃妝)...after the hair cut, she resembles more like daddy!

2 days prior to the hair cut, I already prepared Ern about the hair cut thingy. I told her "Aunty will cut your hair like this, this, this!". I even added the 'sound effect" of the scissor cutting sound to let her know hair cutting comes with this sound.

I placed my fingers (as if like a pair of scissor) on her forehead, ear and back...showed her how Aunty will cut her hair. When I asked her 'want to cut hair?", she nodded her head.

The 2 days preparation paid off!!

Ern sat on the stool obediently & quietly throughout the whole 30 mins session. At first, the stylist didn't want to cut the 'Wa Wa Look" as it's too dangerous on a young toddler like Ern. She said she can only trim on front and back, which I was fine...

After seeing Ern sat quietly and still, she also took the opportunity to cut the "Wa Wa Look" for me...

Bravo Ching Ern! You have improved from the last round, where you need mummy to carry you to now sit on the stool on your own without any whine or tears!! We are proud of you!

PS: This photo was taken under the fan. So her hair 'fly up' a bit...

6 comments:

sunshine said...

Were you nervous ? The first time I brought Rou for her hair cut, both me and my hubby were so nervous until we almost chicken out when it was her turn...but we managed to go through the process at the end.haha Ern looks like a doll..cute.

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Such a clever girl. I wish Evan would be so co-operative

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

good girl, Ern. I like seeing girl with pony tail :) but the weather is too hot for them to keep their hair long.

Shannon said...

wah, she look absolutely SWEET and adorable...

wish me luck, i bringing Rachel for a haircut again, and i hope will be like Ern... :D

Mommy said...

She looks so much like daddy!

LHS said...

her new hair style so pretty, emm..maybe i should say the hair style very trendy :)