Thursday, December 14, 2006

Private Domain vs. Public Domain

Originally, I wanted to create a blog for Ern with a private domain - chingern.com Other than personalized, who knows one day it may be useful to Ern, ie when she becomes a super star or something. At least I can save the domain name for us before other people take it. KK always said Ern will be the future Sarapova

Huh, after searching around and comparing price among the web hosting companies, the cheapest i can find is RM199/year maintenance cost (with 5GB capacity). Then, I hold back the thoughts because:

1) Don't know where to start
2) KK is IT-savvy but he is super busy with his work. So, no time for us to sit down to explore and I can't wait anyway.
3) Once I start to have it, I need to pay RM199 (or more) annually.
4) If I decided to have 2nd child, I need to do similar thing to be fair to the 2nd child. Do I have the time?

After considering all these, I decided to use the public domain simply because:

1) No cost incurred (at least for now!) :-)
2) Formatting and settings are available. I just need to write and post. Simple as 123.
3) Decided to donate the RM200 to those needy people out there. Hope this is a good start to teach Ern about doing good deeds.

No comments: