Friday, December 29, 2006

Why Ching Ern (婧恩)?

Even since we got to know Ern is a baby girl, I already wanted to name her as "X Ern" or "Ern X". Why? For 1 simple reason, we want her to be "appreciative" (感恩).

I actually got a good friend of mine to recommend some good Chinese names. Also, both KK and myself also have several names we think can go well with "Ern":

1) Jing Ern (靖恩)
2)Ching Ern (婧恩)
3) Ern Tong (恩彤)
4) Zhi Ern (祉恩)
5) Yu Ern (予恩)

My first choice is actually # 4 as I like the Chinese meaning of "祉". 2nd choice is # 1 as "靖" means peaceful. I want the child to be peaceful and appreciative. After "family voting", obviously most votes went to # 2. Well, I have no problem with that as it's a beautiful name anyway. :-)

Other than the meaning, I intentionally choose "Ern" as it can turn into an English name as well - Ernie. Well, this is what i can tell her when she grows up. However,if she wants other English name like Suzie, Rebecca,etc, I am ok with it. After all, it's just a name. LOL!

No comments: