Monday, June 25, 2007

Sipping From A Cup


Yay..yay, Ern knows how to sip from a cup now! She was so excited when I introduced the cup to her yesterday. Yeah, she thought it's another new toy for her! Ok..here's the 'drama' between a mummy and her daughter...read on..

Before I gave her the cup, I did a demo trying to teach her how to sip. I place the straw near my mouth(without touching it, for hygiene purpose) and sip in a exaggerate way! I don't know why I used that teaching method but I do know kids mimic very fast. So I thought I can give it a try and see if it works!

Then, I pass the cup to Ern to hold and push the straw near her mouth. When her mouth first touched the straw, she gave me her 'cunning' grin trying to 'tell' me her happiness. Without sipping, she pushed the straw away and giggled again!

Hmm..first time failed. Nevermind. Second time I pushed the straw to her again and did the 'exaggerate' sipping to tell her to sip. Tadaa, she sipped immediately and followed with a big grin! She did that a few times before she started to bang the cup on her hair chair.

Ern has yet to relate the cup as 'drinking water'. It's more like a toy to her for now. Hopefully, we can slowly transition her to drink water from the cup!


Scrap credits - PYA Heart

4 comments:

CheahWei said...

what a smart girl, 2nd try and you get it already.... my mum told me that once our bb knows how to sip, they'd also know how to blow...it's a hand-in-hand thing... wonder if its true?

Peter & Joyce said...

Yeah, leadership by example works every time!

Mummy and daddy: Angie and Ben said...

Evan will mimic us. He will also pretend to "eat" when we try it on him. Worst still.. it comes with the exegerated sound effects too!

KK and WS said...

CW - too bad now, Ern is treating that water cup as a TOY! She doesn't want to sip anymore.

Joyce - Yes, I believe that

Angie - That's what I believe kid mimic us...