Friday, October 26, 2007

Home Trip to Hadyai - Part # 2

As we crossed into Sadao, I didn’t put Ern back to the car seat, hoping that she can take a short nap before we make a stop at Thung Lung (30 mins drive) for lunch.

It was past 15 minutes and my lil girl was still active moving around. Soon, Ching Ern started to quiet down, staring at the rain drops on the window screen (it was drizzling) while the other hand is playing with her pillow corner. These were all her sign of transitioning into sleep mode. Slowly, you can see the eye getting smaller and smaller.

To my disappointment, Ching Ern fell asleep just right before we reached THung Lung. I thought I can continue to let her sleep by carrying her in my arms. The moment I stepped out from the car, she woke up!! Sign…Luckily she didn’t make any fuss.

Daddy brought down her high chair and she ate happily together with us. This shop is very famous for its chicken rice and even the ex Thai Prime Minister pay a visit to the shop (photo hang on the wall) too!! While daddy and mummy enjoyed the chicken rice and the Siew Yok (roasted pork with crispy skin), I didn’t realize the amount of rice I fed Ern was almost close to 1 small bowl of the soup bowl. We were a bit guilty and worried if it will cause her indigestion since she just had her milk (7.5oz) like 1 hour ago. Luckily nothing happened after then. *phew*

Sorry, we were too hungry and the food was too good until I totally forgot about snapping photos. So far, they serve the best chicken rice I have ever tasted. Btw, chicken rice in Thailand only served “Pak Cham Kai” (white chicken?). Unlike Malaysia, we tend to see more “Siew Kai” (roasted chicken). Also, the chicken they used (or rather most part of Hadyai) are “kampung chicken”, means the meat is less fatty and tastier of coz!! Not only the chicken itself is tasty, the rice served here is totally different than Malaysia - they add chicken oil, ginger slice and garlic into the rice. Superb, I tell you. Not only that, their chili sauce is not the usual red color, but rather it’s made of bean, ginger, garlic and chili padi. I tell you, it’s heavenly taste (if there is such word to describe!)

30 mins later, we headed back to our car and continue our journey….Ern didn’t nap until we reached Yeh Yeh’s house….

To be continued…

Scrap credit: Anita Quilts

7 comments:

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

yum yum, from your description, the chicken rice and the chilli seems very yummie!! Too bad, no pic :( Next time remember to take pic ya! haha!

LHS said...

i feel very hungry now after reading the way you described the chicken rice :)

Mommy said...

makes me feel so hungry now :p

shooi said...

Actually i love almost everything in Thailand...

Peridot&Sapphire said...

Hi WS, thanks for dropping by my scrappin blog and nie to know another Penang mummy too!
Your digital LO is lovely but why you start doing paper?? I bcome paper srapper is bcoz I'm too lazy to learn photoshop and instead of sitting in front of PC I prefer to get my hand messy...
Anyway, nice to know that you are hybrid scrapper and hope to share the joy of scrapbooking with you too!

Peter & Joyce said...

Chicken rice! Oolala.....yum.

KK and WS said...

Peridot & Sapphire - it's a totally different thing when you are doing digital vs paper scrapbooking. Actually, I enjoyed both!