Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Play Area


Outside of the PD's clinic, there is a play area for children. You can find small tables, chairs, Mula and several rockers. The wall is nicely painted with flower and animal designs, in which make the Pediatric clinics look very bright and lively.

Every time I go, I never seen a walking toddler/kid not playing there even they are sick. Some babies even insist to be there even they can't walk yet. See, the power of play area.

All these while, I never let Ching Ern played, worried that the germs and viruses may pass to her by touching on the rockers/tables/chairs. I have seen a nurse asked a father to bring his son to wash his hand because the kid before him (who played on the same toy) was diagnosed with HFM. The nurse then asked the cleaner to clean the area. However, the cleaner didn't do a good job. She did used a sterilized detergent to wipe the toys but in a very 'ching chai' way only.

Unfortunately, I can no longer stop Ching Ern to go there ever since she started to walk. She will struggle to free herself from us and walk to the play area. No matter how we distract her or pull her out from the play area, she will still go back eventually. :-(

I cannot stop it but just make sure she didn't put her fingers inside her mouth. Right after each play, I will bring her to wash her hand. Sigh..that's the best I can do. Afterall, even if I don't let her play, she may get it since hospital is full of viruses.

Do you have any tips?

Scrap credits:

Paper & Note Paper: Sharon Kenealy

Frames: Lindsay Jane & Miss Mint

Butterfly: Gina Marie

Glitter: Redju

5 comments:

Jules said...

glad to hear she recovered quickly...

Peter & Joyce said...

At least it keeps her occupied. I'm sure she has tons of fun!

CheahWei said...

Its really tough to keep our child hands free of dirt,germs,etc... as concerned parents, we hv to be diligent in washing them only. I always keep a packet of wet tissues ready in my handbag, another item added into our bag, sigh!

Sasha Tan said...

yeah yeah got many germs but jayden just love to play..i cannot stop him also

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Bring wet wipes along!! Wipe and wipe and wipe the thing before our kid play, then after that bring them to wash their hands!!! This is what i used to do :)