Friday, October 19, 2007

Terrible 2 ????

Ever since we discharged Ching Ern from hospital, her behaviors had changed tremendously:

- She dislikes drinking plain water, which cause her to have harder stool.
- She whines very often if her needs/demands can’t be met.
- If we don’t give in , she will cry and shout her lung out.
- She doesn’t say hi or wave bye to strangers anymore even we asked her to do.
- She wants us to carry more frequent than before

I don’t know if she is entering the phase of Terrible 2 or still transitioning from her sickness to the usual her. To me, I think she is at the Terrible 2 stage. I lost my cool once and dumped her on the bed, which she cried even louder!! *Sigh*

Time to start to have 1:1 ‘heart talk’ to ‘phycho” my girl…muahaha…

Patience, Patience and Patience....

Scrap credit:
Alpha Buttons: Sarag Design
Stich: Cynthia Sanchez
The rest: Miss Mint

9 comments:

CheahWei said...

OMG! 1:1?? Ai meh?? I dont really know when is the terrible 2 stage but our little angels are testing their limits everyday, so we have to play smart, to give in/to be firm and to deviate their attention. These are the strategies that I know...

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

WS, look it at other perspective, it's not terrible 2, it's fantastic 2! See, our little one grow up and has their own think, don't you think it's cool? :)

Sasha Tan said...

normally after being sick the kid will be manja-er cos during the sickie time everything she wants we will give. So after she recovered she expect we do the same thing again. So it's normal la..slowly she will be back to the usual ERN

Vernon Chuah Yong Xuan said...

Most TOT love to get attention & manja when parents around.
be patience will do :)

shooi said...

How about mixing her water with a wee bit of unsweetened fruit juice. We do that when we feel Bryan is not taking enuf water.

Mommy said...

Be patient, and walk away sometimes to cool yourself is a good thing to do without hurting the little one.

ablogaway said...

oh dear, I didn't know she's been hospitalised. I guess this is a phase every child goes into, just need to be very patient

mom2ashley said...

i think she is still transitioning from being sick to getting well...so she will be a bit manja...I've lost my cool many times..not knowing that ashley was going to fall sick or was actually not well.... so better think twice before you lose your cool..don't make the same mistakes as I did :)

Peridot&Sapphire said...

it's normal when the kid become more attach and manja after they sick or recovering... my en en ot no different from ern too... slowly and she will bak to her usual self.
My gal also dislike water, we gave her fruit juice, prune juice+glucose (she got real hard stool too), diluted yoghurt, soup,... and many more but just no plain water! *roll eyes*