Thursday, January 4, 2007

The "Day" Has Come...

All this while, I have been persistent and determine to nurse Ern until she turns 1. According to my gynae, some breastfeeding mothers will be "traumatized" and discontinue on breastfeeding if they suffer mastitis or breast abscess. He complimented me on my determination to nurse Ern even I suffered breast abscess for twice.

After the incident happen on 1st Jan, it changed my mind completely! It is sad to discontinue breastfeeding while I know it is the BEST for Ern. Trust me, it is even heartbreaking to see her vomiting so badly and refused to drink the formula (it stink). To me, I feel that I am no difference than "torturing" Ern because:

1) Only feed her the formula when she is extremely hungry (to make sure she drinks)
2) Next feeding (breast milk) needs to be dragged at least 1/2 hour instead of her her usual 3 hours window to make sure the formula is fully digested.

Tell me, isn't it I am torturing her??!! Bad Mummy!! *bang wall*

Some breastfeeding mothers in office shared their experience when they first introduced formula to their babies. From the sharing, the right thing to do now is to find the right formula for Ern so that I can continue to give her breastmilk.
Come to think of it, I will need to face this "day" anywhere. Just a matter of time, either now or 6 months later.

Let's see how she cope with NAN HA for next few days. Anyway, I have several brands of formula "stand by" for Ern to try. Keep my finger cross she can cope with both formula and breastmilk.

1 comment:

Sasha Tan said...

HA is for hypoallergenic...why she need that?anyway jayden was taking NAN 1 , then turn 6 months NAN2 and now switched to Neslac. Dun worry la....slowly.