Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Ern's First Experience - Walker & Solid Food


I bought this walker for 2 simple reasons:

1) as a chair when we feed Ern
2) another toy for Ern.

We started to place Ern on the walker (Saturday) to see her reaction. Obviously, she liked it as the walker comes with several musical buttons...so, whenever we placed her on the walker, music will play non stop as she will press and press the button...

Poh Poh started to feed Ern rice cereal yesterday noon. First attempt, failed because Poh Poh just add water. I guess it's tasteless and Ern disliked it. Second attempt, I added breastmilk and Ern ate it! Yipee.. * didn't snap photo as I was feeding her*

BUT, I need to figure out what other ways Ern will eat the cereal. Mixing breastmilk is a short term solution as I will stop produce breastmilk one day(soon, I think). Maybe I need to consider buying other brands. Another "trial and error" task. :-)

Btw, Ern is coping well with the formula after 3 attempts. So now, she is drinking formula once per day. The remaining 5 meals still on breastmilk, via bottle.

I have stopped nursing her ever since 2 weeks ago. I think it's zero impact to her as I only nurse Ern like 1-2 times a day, even weekend. Moreover, she is too small to associate me with breastmilk. :-)

1 comment:

RyeUrn said...

We tried the walker on Alexis and like Ern she likes it better when the buttons make a lot of sound. I'm still contemplating whether to start Alexis on solid.