Monday, August 20, 2007

Asking for Milk...


( Back-dated post)

No, no...Ern has yet to say 'milk' or 'mum mum'. Nothing extraordinary but I thought it is something special for me to write it down for my future laugh and remembrance.

All these while, Ern hardly ask for milk but whenever we give her, she would finish the milk most of the time. However, once she sees the milk bottle (filled with milk), we need to give her fast enough. Or else, she will start to 'complain' with 'er..er' sound and her leg start to kick!

I have make it a point to let her lye down on our bed as a routine whenever we feed her the milk. No particular reason but to ensure she can 'kuai kuai' finishes her milk. For weeks, I have taught her to lye down on the pillow, ie by saying "lye down, milk milk' and follow up patting the pillow for 3 times.

Just last week, after I changed her into her pyjamas, I let her played around our bed since it was still early for her night feeding. After 20 minutes of reading + rolling + playing, suddenly she crawled to me and trying to pull down my pillow. At that time, I was leaning on the wall with my pillow on my back as cushion.

She did it for second time by repeating the same act. I was puzzled for a while and tried to think what she actually want. So, I moved myself away and the next thing I saw, Ern pulled down the pillow, pat the pillow for 3 times and she lye down. She was signing to me and tried to say "Mummy, I want milk!".

I couldn't stop laughing while preparing her milk for her. My little girl has grown up and start 'communicating' with us.

Scrap Credit: Anita Quilts

4 comments:

peiszong said...

Wow, looks like she can count!

Anggie's Journal said...

yup... every single thing is worth to jot down .She big girl liau lor..

Peter & Joyce said...

Another milestone! Bravo!

Sasha Tan said...

she knows her routine edi hehe