Friday, August 10, 2007

Little Einsteins

{ Picture Source - Disney }

Ern still watch cartoon for < 5 mins or just listen to the song before she walked/crawled away.

Of all, I love to watch Little Einsteins because it gives me tips to teach Ching Ern on some interactive hand movement. So far, I have taught Ching Ern 2...hehe

1) Pat, Pat, Pat
During one of the episode, Leo (the specky guy) was patting his lap, together with his 3 friends. I think this movement was meant to speed up the rocket to move faster or something like that. I find it very interesting as it's a simple and easy act to teach Ern. Without hesitant, I followed along the show by holding Ern's hand and pat on the her lap. Ern didn't reject and happily follow along. Normally, she will move her hand away when we hold her hands. Obviously, she liked the 'pat, pat' thing.

2) Up & Down
Again, another hand sign done by Leo to ask the rocket to move up and down the mountain. So, I raised Ern's hand up and down and she happily followed along. In fact, she giggled.

Ever since, we have been using these methods to teach her about 'pat, up & down'. After few rounds of repeating, Ern learned it!

Will try to take a video soon..It's so funny when Ern did the 'up' movement. She raised her hand in the way as if she is being caught by police, the "I Surrender!" way...kekeke...

6 comments:

ablogaway said...

Haha, SzeYi also learnt the pat pat pat action from the Little Einstein's movie. It's amazing how fast they learn, ya?

Anggie's Journal said...

Look very interesting about this Little Einsteins. Where can i get this CD ar ?

KK and WS said...

Irene - maybe later I shall buy Baby Einsteins DVD...

Anggie - It's from Astro,channel 63..the evening show is 6-6.30pm,Mon - Fri

khongfamily said...

Kids learn very fast from the TV hor.

Anggie's Journal said...

hi.. i dont have astro at home ,
seldom watch TV too after i had my boy *-*

Peter & Joyce said...

Ethan does the patting thing too, and he enjoys it when I sing the Little Einsteins theme song to him!