Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mummy, Pat Pat..

With so many things to do and so little time, I normally ‘multi-task” so that I can ‘find & create” the so called “me only” time. Even then, the “me only” time only happen when Ching Ern goes to bed, which is around 10-10.30pm.

Normally, I will fold our clothes while tuck Ching Ern to bed. Since birth, we have been patting her butt as our way to tuck her to bed. What I normally do is, I will pat her butt for few times and then fold the clothes without patting her. Depending what I am folding, sometimes, I can fold them by using 1 hand while the other is patting on her. The interval of not patting her butt is just like < 10seconds and all along, it is acceptable to Ching Ern.

For the past 2 nights, things changed. This is what had happened.

Mummy: Pat few times + fold clothes
Ern: Turn her body back facing me, make the ‘ng ng’ sound and pat my knee.
Mummy: Ern, you want mummy to pat you?
Ern: Nod her head and turn her body back ( I will normally sit/lie down behind her because I want to cut down eye contact)
Mummy: Ok, ok..Mummy pat pat on Ern Ern.

The whole process repeat for several times whenever I stopped patting her until she finally fall asleep. See, my girl is starting to be ‘demanding’. Looks like the ‘me only’ time will get lesser and lesser.

3 comments:

Peter & Joyce said...

Cheh...and I thought I was gonna try your tactic to enable me to fold clothes too.... hehe

CheahWei said...

They are getting smarter and demand more of our time. Me-time? It's very hard to find and stay consistent for my case. So, will "curi" here and there whenever I got the chance.

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Ern starts to ask for more of your "me-time" to be "me and you time". Guess this is another of stage that we have to through, our kid is showing us that "mummy, i grow up already and i know how to ask for thing that i want" haha!