Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Self Feeding, The Beginner...


Ern has yet to understand to take her food one at a time. If we place everything in front of her, she would stuff everything in her mouth! That's why I kinda hesitant to let her self feed.

On Sunday night, I tried to let her hold her spoon when I fed her the ice-cream. Oh ya, she is still eating ice-cream almost everyday, around 2-3 spoonful each time and 2-3 times each day. I thought ice-cream is a good start since it will take longer time before fell off from the spoon (my own logical assumption! LOL)

As expected, she was so HAPPY holding the spoon feeding herself. I did helped her at the first few feeding to 'maneuver' the spoon to ensure it went to her mouth correctly. After few attempts, I think she got it right. Then, she was happily eating until i stopped scooping for her. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me.

Yesterday, I managed to take few pictures on her self feeding during her "1st dinner" meal. Her "1st dinner" is actually her baby cereal around 6+pm. When we, the adult eat our dinner like 8pm, she gets to eat rice, soup & some dishes as her "2nd dinner". Again, same 'assumption' like ice cream, I thought cereal has similar texture like ice-cream. So, I let her try again. She did pretty well and just the last few spoons, she was kinda full and start playing with the spoon.

Looks like it's time for us to clean the mess. I have learned few tips from other mummies to place newspaper below the hair chair for minimal cleaning.

2 comments:

Peter & Joyce said...

Good girl! But more cleaning up for Mommy... :)

ablogaway said...

Clever girl. They love to play with food too, mind you :)