Thursday, July 19, 2007

Elephant


During Ern's party, I get to see how Jie Yan did some animal 'body language' act like tiger, lion, butterfly, etc. Of all, I like the way she did the elephant act because it's very cute.

I taught Ern the same "elephant act' after the party but she didn't show much interest. So, I only taught her 2-3 times (each time I repeat like 3-4 times) and stopped after then since I thought it may be something too 'complicated' for her to learn.

Just on Monday afternoon while daddy was changing her nappy, I just simply asked her to do her 'common act' like clapping, pointing, etc in order to keep her occupied and lie still. At the same time, I was trying to test her if she remembered 'elephant'.

To my surprise, she remembered the act and she did it in her way! Instead of putting one hand on the elbow of the other hand, she put in somewhere in between the wrist and elbow.

Kids really surprise us! Never underestimate them...

3 comments:

CheahWei said...

Aww.. that's so cute! She catch up fast la, never underestimate. Kids are great listener and very observant.

peiszong said...

Yes, never underestimate them. Sometimes I think it was us that is too lazy to teach them new things.

KK and WS said...

CW & PS - you are right!!