Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ern vs. Car Seat


Right after confinement month, we have 'trained' Ching Ern to sit on her car seat the moment we get into the car and no matter how far/short the distance is. Actually, we have to put her on car seat anyway because we don't have anyone to carry her. Most of the time, it's only 1 person with her. Except weekend, the routine is very much fixed during weekdays - Poh Poh will come to our house to pick her up in the morning while I take her home after having dinner at Poh Poh's place.

Although the distance between the 2 houses is only 10 mins drive, at times, Ern gives us 'headache' also. When she was much more younger, I actually put her at the front seat (although it was not suppose to be from safety perspective) and face me. No choice, I need to talk and sing to her whenever she 'merajuk'. Right after she turned 10+ months, I have moved her to the back seat and turned her into forward facing position. I have not put the car seat straight up although she has turned 1 and more than 9kg. Since she is coping well with the lying position, I just let it be.

Ever since I moved her to the back seat, the acceptance level has increased, which is good for us and more importantly, it's for her own safety. At times, she still 'ka ka cau cau', so I have to give her some soft toys to keep her occupy.

Ern is still very much at the biting stage, she drooled all over the toys, especially the head, hand, tail or leg, those 'extended' part. I need to chang the soft toys almost every 2-3 days (to make it interesting for her) while also taking the old one to wash! Smelly..

Sometimes, i used the soft toys to play with her and she will give me a BIG grin like the photos in the scrap.

1 stone kills many birds...hahahaha....


Scrap credit:
Template by Princess Pamela

5 comments:

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

can see Ern's teeth in the pic, so cute!

mom2ashley said...

Ashley used to be very difficult when we sat her in her car seat..but thank God now that she is bigger, she is ok.

LHS said...

Ching Ern is a good boy, not like Jo, he was fussing when we put him in the carseat.

LHS said...

sorry, i want to say Ching Ern is a good girl..:)

KK and WS said...

Thanks Hui Sia. I think a lot of things need to start early.

Mom2Ashley - I hope Ching Ern can continue on...

Joanne - Thanks! That's also what she has on teeth..2 only! :-(