Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ern's Birthday Party (Part # 3)

Once we were done in hanging up all the photos and banner, next decoration was the BALLOON! Putting up balloons does make a lot of difference for a party. It really brings out the party ambiance. Since I was running out of time, I just put up 9 round shape balloons. Suppose to have 10 but one burst while I was tying it. I just hang them on the pillar at our porch.


Then, I tie up the long shape balloon to the canopy at the entrance. Suppose to put up another row on the other side of the canopy but no time. By the time we were done with the front row, it’s already 6pm. We are expecting our guest at 6.30pm.

Then, I put up flags on the ‘dry’ food like spring roll, friend belacan chicken, sandwiches, fruits, etc. The original plan was to put up on the sandwiches only, to tell the guest what’s inside the sandwiches. Later, I came out with the idea to stick a ‘thank you’ flag..




Next post: The party itself!

7 comments:

peiszong said...

Yes, this little flag is really creative. I was actually reading the flag while taking food, don't know whether did I jammed up the queue.

CheahWei said...

Lots of good work and WK & KK are being humble about being creative and not good in art... Really lots of time spent, personalized and cute cute stuff. Really salute you la!!
Also speaking on behalf of my daughter and the inner kid in me - ENJOYED the party very much la!!

Vernon Chuah Yong Xuan said...

I can see u really put lot of time on decorations, preparing for this big day for Baby Ern.
Of all, I like the idea of hanging Ern's photos & her baby glove & shocks along the wall.

Sasha Tan said...

u really good. Really really nice party. I mean havent started party also look nice edi.
Good job u guys!

Peter & Joyce said...

My favorite food was the kaya kuih with the kaya :)

shooi said...

too bad our new house won't be ready by Bryan's next birthday. Parties are so much better being held at the house

KK and WS said...

Pei Sze - The flag thing came from jo-nee.com I just did the 'add on' to put the 'thank you' note.

CW - Glad you enjoyed the party.

LS - the idea also came from jo-nee.com

Sasha - With your new GM role, i am sure you can do lots of things..maybe you can plan for CEO 2nd birthday!!

Joyce - Yup, we purposely ordered from our fav stall, the same stall i ordered for my wedding tea ceremony too.

Shooi - the down side is the cleaning part.