Monday, July 9, 2007

Ern's Birthday Party (Part # 1)

The day begins when Ern woke up at her usual schedule – 7+am. After her milk, bath and play, I quickly put her to nap when she showed me the ‘sleeping’ sign. I guess most of you know Ern is a light sleeper, so I need to be right beside her in order to get her nap longer. She took 1.5 hour that day for her morning nap. After then, we sent her to Poh Poh’s place since we will be busy preparing food & decorating the house. I have informed Poh Poh to do the same thing for the afternoon nap as well so that Ern is “fully charged’ before the party.

Once we were back to our house, hubby and I started to prepare food, get the party bag ready, clean the house, move away those “potential” furniture (eg vase, coffee table) that may hurt the kid and start decorate the house.

So, what and how do we decorate the house?

1) I hang a “happy birthday’ banner on the wall near the entrance together with Ern’s name.

Closer look on the word. We actually punched the bear and use form tape to stick it. Again, this is to have the ‘3D effect”.

2) Since it’s a children party, it wouldn’t be complete without the party bag. I tie up all the bags and party hat at our window.

I purposely buy the party bag that allows me to write the kid’s name. It’s more personalized! :-)

What’s inside the party bag?

The card was stick on the brown bag with cookies inside. I only took this photo after the event..too busy and forgot..


3) Next is the favors for the guest to take home.

Closer look on the wording.

4) I just put up a simple ‘happy birthday’ flag in our living room.



To be continued....

5 comments:

peiszong said...

All done by you? Amazing. I thought you have the party planner.

KK and WS said...

PS - the idea is from me, my friend 'beautify' the idea and i did it myself! She helped me to stick the bear on Ern's name though

CheahWei said...

One word: WOW! Ern, you'd better pass along this "1st birthday" tradition to your 1st born... dont say you are not creative or good in art... used up by your mummy already, hehehe...

shooi said...

Wahhhhhhhh.....so nice....gonna repeat myself again....

"So sad i had missed it!"

KK and WS said...

CW - If I am still around to see Ern's child, I will make sure Ern does one for them. :-)

Shooi - Ya loh...nvm. I will do another one when I have # 2...hahaha