Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Who is Jo-Nee.com???

Some of you asked me who is jo-nee.com??

Jo-nee.com is actually owned by 2 ladies who love handcraft and one of them, YN is actually my friend, whom I met during my primary school days. Yeah, we are old friends for 20+ years!

YN and her friend do set up a stall to sell their artwork on the last Sunday of the month at Upper Penang Road. If you are interested to find out more about her great artwork, you can visit her stall. No specific date but all you need to remember is “last Sunday of the month at Upper Penang Road’.

Everything done by YN is HANDMADE. So, you can’t find it anywhere else other than her stall. She has quite a wide range of handmade product at her stall, from hair clip, key chain, fridge magnet, brooch to wedding gift.

Since we are approaching ‘wedding month’ soon, you may consider buying a wedding gift for the wedding you are going to attend. YN gave me one of her ‘wedding cake +doll” during my wedding, which I find it very memorable (at least to me).

Now, back the the topic. When I told YN my brief idea of decorating the house as well as the favor for Ern’s party, she has helped me:

1) Match the color of the wrapping paper, the card and borrow me the bear puncher.
2) Put up Ern month-to-month’s photos in a nicer paper and design, along with the small note below in indicating the month
3) Oh ya, not forgetting the nice wooden clip she has done to clip the photo.
4) Touch up Ern’s name and birthday banner by putting bear
5) Come out with the idea of using the long type balloon to decorate the house
6) Small flag on the food. Originally, it was meant to label the food. I improvised a bit by adding in the ‘thank you’ note.
7) She came over on the day itself (together with her sister) to help me to put up everything.

Of all, she actually did a scrapbook for Ern in capturing Ern’s last 12 months’ development. I am the type who fancy simplicity, so I requested a simple design scrapbook. She just asked photos from me and design from there. I will take a photo of the scrapbook and blog about it later.

THANK YOU, YN! I owed you many 'yan cheng' (人情)...

No comments: