Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Gains from Play Group

I have read how their toddlers benefited from the playgroup here, here and here.

I think of all, Ching Ern and I benefited the most. Why I said so?

1) Ching Ern is the youngest among the group. So, I get to know a lots of tips and sharing from other mothers because what their child has gone through is what Ern will go through later on. In this way, it sort of prepare me how to handle the situation when it comes.

2) Each of us bring 1 toy whenever we meet during the playgroup. So, Ching Ern get to play a lot of toys while it helps me to gauge what kind of toys she likes. For example, Poh Poh almost wanted to buy the mobile Pooh bear (when you press certain part of the body, the bear will move while the music start to play) for Ern as her birthday present. I told Poh Poh to wait as I know Charlotte has one too. So, during the playgroup, i gave Ern this toy and she only played for less than 5 mins before she crawled always. When I told Poh Poh about it, we were greatful we didn't buy.

3) On the other hand, I noticed Ern likes the ride-on (there were 2 that day) although she hardly moved herself even her left feet was pushing it. 2 days after the playgroup, she has got one! An early birthday present from Brendon & Brenda. I will blog about it in another post.


4) I also get to know Ern has the 'potential' of being selfish. Maybe it is still premature to comment that but at least I can start to do something now to correct the situation. There were 2 instances I noticed during the playgroup. While she was playing the mula with Sze Yi, she pulled the mula away and wanted to play by herself. Another instance is when both Charlotte and Ern played the "Hammer & Tool" toy, I noticed Ern grabbed the hammer from Charlotte many times.


Thanks to the mothers! I owe you all a lot!! :-)

4 comments:

peiszong said...

Agree, we get to try out all of the toys and knows which one they like most. I don't think I need to buy all the ride on for Hin Lerk, hehe. But at least he gets to play variety of toys and I don't have to spend extra.

Peter & Joyce said...

Another thing also, Ern gets to hang out with leng chais :P :P

KK and WS said...

Pei Sze - Ern just received a new and simple ride on. I can bring next playgroup

Joyce - Oh yes, no one deny the playgroup has a lot of leng chais!!

CheahWei said...

Don' worry WS, your Ern will go through the "selfish" phase. My Yan as well, and gradually as she mixed more with toddlers her age, she'll learn to share more...